A Butter Chicken Recipe that’s healthy and easy to make!
Butter Chicken is incredibly popular in Asia, and in the West, too. Known as the quintessential Asia dish, the cream that is originally used in this recipe can make it an unhealthy for many. My version of butter chicken doesn’t require cream. In fact, I make an altogether dry version of it, as you will see in this recipe. If you like it a little creamy, that is to say, with gravy, you can add 1/2 cup of Yogurt. Happy Cooking! Oh, and leave a comment below once you’ve tried the recipe!
Spicy Butter Chicken Recipe
- 1 Large Chicken Breast, Skinned, cleaned and cubed
- 200g Dried Shitake Mushrooms, sliced into chunks or whole (stems removed)
- 3 Tbsp Mutton Masala (We used the Baba’s Brand here)
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Dried Chillies, sliced into small pieces (you can use chilli flakes, here if you like)
- 1 Medium Red Onion, diced finely
- 2 Tbsp Yogurt
- 100ml Water
- Salt to Taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a resealable bag and leave to marinate, about half an hour or more.
- Then, empty entire bag of contents into a lightly oiled skillet over low heat, add the water and stir to combine before covering and allow to simmer. Remove from heat once chicken and mushroom chunks are fully cooked, and the water has simmered down to a thick gravy.
- Serve with plain yogurt and rice.
Add some cooking sherry to this recipe (one shot-glass full), if you have some lying around the home. Simmer till the alcohol cooks off and all that remains is the sweet wine sticking to the meat.
Copyright Cravings! Magazine on thecraversguide.com.