The team behind Creative Culinaire the school and Cafe Pralet has put together a delicious recipe for you, the cravers! This Thai Vermicelli Salad has a bit of everything that we love in Singapore, like the lightness, freshness and delicious-ness of Thai food!
While most mother’s day plans involve people heading out to eat, here’s an idea: cook for mum! And start with this recipe:
This recipe is created by Head Chef Timothy Chia, who frequently cooks for his mother, Judy Koh who is also the executive chef of the company as well. Light, tangy and simple, this salad will be sure to make mums happy!
A Mother’s Day Special: Thai Vermicelli Salad
- 4 Tbsp Garlic (Minced)
- 4 Tbsp Red Onion (Minced)
- 90g Light Soy Sauce
- 140g Fresh Lime Juice
- 80g Thai Palm Sugar
- 4 Tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Piece Chilli Padi
- 150g Dried Vermicelli
- 10g Dried Black Fungus
- 40g White Shimeiji Mushroom
- 20g Cherry Tomatoes
- 8g Coriander (a moderate handful)
- Lightly sauté Garlic and Red Onion till fragrant. Add in lime juice, fish sauce, light soy sauce, chopped chilli padi, palm sugar. Set Aside.
- In a separate pot, cook vermicelli in boiling water till soft. Once cooked, wash noodles under running water and set aside. Soak black fungus in water till soft, slice thinly. Blanch black fungus, Shimeiji mushrooms in boiling water till cooked.
- Combine sauce, vermicelli noodles, cooked black fungus, coriander leaves and cherry tomatoes. Toss till evenly mixed well.Serve on bed of baby romaine and baby spinach.
Copyright belongs to thecraversguide.com.