- Nasi (Rice)
- 1 cup fragrant rice
- 1 cups fresh santan
- 1 red onion - sliced
- 1 inch ginger - sliced
- 4 limau purut (kaffir lime)
- 1 pandan leaf
- 2 inches turmeric - blitz
- 4 cloves of garlic -blitz
- 3 shallots - blitz
- Turmeric powder
- Ulam (Mixed Herbs)
- 250g kacang panjang – blanched (yardlong bean)
- 5 pcs daun kunyit (turmeric leaves)
- 5 pcs cekur (galangal)
- 150g daun selasih (basil)
- 1 pcs bunga kantan (torch ginger flower)
- 10 shallots
- 10 red chilies
- 200g taugeh – blanched (bean sprouts)
- 2 telur masin (salted egg)
- 1. Combine all Nasi (rice) ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil. Immediately turn the heat down to low, cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, slice all Ulam (mixed herb) ingredients thinly except for taugeh (bean sprouts)
- 3. Once ingredients are sliced, boil 2 telur masin (salted eggs) over medium heat for 10 minutes. Once cooked, dice into small pieces.
- 4. Dish out Nasi (rice) into a large bowl and combine with the rest of the Ulam (mixed herbs). Toss well and serve warm
Recipe courtesy of Sherson and Ann Lian. Catch the season Finale of Family Kitchen with Sherson Lian on 7th of July at 9pm on the Asian Food Channel.
Copyright Cravings! Magazine on thecraversguide.com.
Family Kitchen with Sherson S2
Asian Food Channel (Starhub Ch 435)