Chicken Rice is a very popular dish in Singapore, needless to say. I had my apprehensions about creating a recipe for this dish, but I figured, what’s the harm? Everyone has their own favourite version of this classic Singaporean dish. This is mine – a homemade one. With chicken rice pastes so readily available, cooking at home can be a breeze! Give yourself 30 mins and dinner is ready. This recipe serves 2 generously, by the way. And it freezes well too, so if you live alone then you can have lunch and dinner in under 30 mins – great huh? Okay I’m done yapping – check out the video and the recipe below!
New Video: 2 Step Chicken Rice under 30 mins
- 1.5 Cups Rice
- 3 + 2 Tbsp Woh Hup Chicken Rice Paste
- 5 + 3Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Chicken Breast (about 200g)
- Soy Sauce
- 2 Bird Eye Chillies
- Start with the Chicken. Marinate the chicken breast in the soy sauce, cut chillies, 3 tbsp oil and 2 tbsp chicken rice paste. It doesn’t need salt as there is plenty of salt in the soy sauce. After 30 mins, lay out the meat on a baking tray. Roast, covered, in the oven at 170 Degrees Celsius for 15mins to 20 mins.
- While the chicken is roasting, work on the rice. Wash and drain the rice and place it in the cooker with 3 Tbsp Chicken Rice Paste and 5 Tbsp Oil, plus 2 cups of water. Stir to mix and cook the rice in your rice cooker.
- Serve rice and chicken sliced up with Chicken Rice Chilli Sauce (which also comes out of a bottle). Enjoy!
Copyright Cravings! Magazine on thecraversguide.com.