Tom Yum Soup happens to be one of my most favourite foods in the world, if you couldn’t already tell with the chilli obsession. This is super easy to make and the broth comes out of a carton, which is the shortcut in this recipe. This method shaves of the time spent on shopping for the right ingredients and funding and chopping – sheesh! I’m tired just writing about it. Try this recipe provided with a pinch of your own taste. If you’re not into adding the chicken, add prawns and squid. I know purists frown upon prawns bought from the freezer in supermarkets, but I love them. I don’t have to clean, de-vein or anything of the sort, I just need to dump in the frozen plump prawns! Also, beware of this soup tasting a tad sour – I am a huge fan of lemon, but you can moderate this to your liking.
Quick Cook Meal Series: Quick Tom Yum Soup
- 1 packet of Roi Thai Tom Yum Soup Broth
- 2 Chicken Thighs
- 200g of Shitake Mushrooms
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Thai Bird’s Eye Chillies, sliced lengthways
- 2 bunches of Bok Choy, or other greens that you like
- Cooked Rice, to serve with the soup
- Start by removing the stems from the mushrooms and slicing them thinly. Next, bring the Tom Yum broth to a boil in the pan. Turn down the heat to let the broth simmer and add all ingredients, including the chilli oil that comes with the broth. Cover and continue simmering for 10 minutes. Once chicken is cooked, remove soup from heat and serve with hot white (or brown) rice.
Copyright Cravings! Magazine on thecraversguide.com.