If you cook often, or even at all, and pasta is one of your go-to dishes (it should be, as its that easy to prepare), then chances are you’ve heard of or seen the Barilla branded goods in the pasta section. I’ve used Barilla before, more than once, and I love the pasta’s robust texture and smooth ability to carry the flavours of my sauce really well! Here’s a recipe from the experts themselves, just in time for the National day too! Its the perfect balance between Italian and Asian – and if you’re upset about the lack of meat, add a few plump, fresh prawns.
Spaghetti with Spicy Lady’s Fingers & Spring Onion in Basilico Sauce
- 120g Ladies Fingers
- 60g Spring Onion
- 60ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 Small Fresh Chillies, chopped
- 140g Barilla Spaghetti n.5
- 100g Barilla Basilico sauce
- 1. Saute the chopped spring onions with a little oil until soft and remove from heat.
- 2. In the meantime, bring plenty of water to boil in a large pot. When boiling, add salt. Drop the Barilla Spaghetti n.5 into the water and stir occasionally.
- Cook according to the instructions on the pack (8 minutes).
- 3. Add the chopped garlic and chilli and slow fry until fragrant.
- 4. Add the chopped lady's fingers and fry for a couple of minutes.
- 5. Add Barilla Basilico sauce and toss the cooked spaghetti with the sauce.
- 6. Place on a plate and garnish with freshly chopped spring onion.
Copyright Cravings! Magazine on thecraversguide.com.